Sunday, May 4, 2014

Update! Glory to God!

Hello!

Things are going great in Haiti. So far I’ve been here for a month and some two weeks. The purpose of this letter is to inform people on how I am doing, and how you can pray for me.

I first want to start off by giving thanks and glory to Jesus Christ for all He has done in me and through because if it was not for Him, I would not be where I am nor be doing what I am doing. I want to thank everyone who prayed for me and have continued praying for me. Also give thanks for all the financial support, and give thanks in advance if you are considering supporting me.

For the first couple of weeks, I spent time at my mom’s house in Port-au-Prince. She is a businesswoman so she is very busy and is occupied with work. She sells Crème (which is like ice cream) for her business. The house where she lives is always busy, and it seems like no one ever sleeps there. She lives literally in the heart of Haiti so that’s good for her business. I enjoyed seeing my mom and spending time with her but the city and the atmosphere of the house is not my cup of tea. So I decided to live on the GVCM grounds.

I spent three weeks at my mom’s house because the pastor of the ministry was in Florida visiting his family. I waited for him to come back to Haiti so he could be there when I entered the ministry. We picked the pastor up at the airport and headed for Mirbalais. Mirbalais is in the mountains of Haiti and we drive up this mountain called Goat Mountain in order to get to Mirbalais. This mountain is dangerous and you cannot drive up this mountain in anything but a car because of the road's conditions.

The ministry has 112 orphans and a staff of about 10 Haitians. As you can imagine, we are always busy and never bored. My job is to work in the sponsoring program they have. There are kids who are sponsored in multiple cities so I will have to travel to collect information for them. My job demands that I work hands on with the kids, which I love. The work is plenty and there is a lot of improvement to be done. I also do whatever needs to be done.

Pray that I stay focused on what God is calling me to do. Right now, the work I do with the sponsorship is limited because I have no transportation. I can not buy a motorcycle because its too dangerous to go up and down Goat Mountain with a motorcycle. Right now I have $3,000 dollars but I will need $3,000 more to buy a car. As of right now, if I don’t use the $500 that I have monthly then in six months I can purchase a car. If I have to do that then I will. If you feel God is pulling on your heart to give towards this, that would be a great help. I am willing to make any sacrifice so that God's work is done and I have no fear that God will provide for me alone the way.

Glory to God in the highest, His power is still here. His blood has not lost its power and it never will. In Him, captives are set free; in Him, lives are renewed. He is still here and working in our mist. Glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment